MLS Laser Therapy
$125 Initial Consultation
This FDA-cleared, Class IV technology synchronizes dual wavelengths with continuous and pulsed emissions bringing you the most advanced laser therapy system available on the market today.
Unlike early-generation Class IV technology, MLS Laser Therapy has the capability to deliver controlled laser energy. This unique feature provides more accurate therapeutic dose delivery, which means consistent and repeatable results.
With high levels of efficacy, safety, and consistency, MLS Laser Therapy can help physicians relieve pain and restore lives, while rewarding their practice financially.
What is Laser Therapy?
There are many types of lasers. Each laser has different characteristics which produce a different effect. These characteristics include:
- Energy: measured in joules
- Time: Defined as the duration of irradiance of target tissue and is measured in seconds. It is also known as Impulse Duration or called “impulse width”.
- Wavelength: Penetration depth is directed by the laser emission wavelength and the type of tissue (chromophores).
- Frequency: Defined as the number of impulses emitted during the unit of time (1 second) and should reflect the condition treated.
- Power: the rate at which energy is delivered and is measured in watts.
- Fluence: Energy Density or Dose
- Irradiance (Also known as Power Density): Power delivered per unit area
- Emission Mode: Continuous Wave (CW) or Pulsed Wave (PW)
- Impulse Duration: Duration of laser emission, also called “impulse width”.
Laser therapy uses light to favor and accelerate the body’s natural healing processes. The laser beam is moved over the skin so that the light energy (photons) penetrates the tissue where it interacts with various molecules (chromophores) that cause different biological effects. It produces a photochemical, photothermal and photomechanical effect.
Benefits of MLS Laser Therapy
no pain. all gain.
In the current economic climate, physicians are facing significant pressure to find new revenue streams. Reimbursements from insurers – the primary source of income for many practices – are declining sharply as a result of political reforms. At the same time, market forces such as increased competition and patient consumerism are adding to the pressure. In this environment, practice owners have limited options for strengthening their financial position. MLS Laser Therapy can help.
MLS Laser Therapy allows physicians to leverage technology to provide higher quality patient care, while attracting new clients, generating additional revenue, and ultimately improving businesses’ bottom line.
no pain – Clinical Benefits
MLS Laser Therapy is quickly becoming the standard of care in alleviating both acute and chronic pain. This patented, FDA-cleared technology has an 85% – 90% efficacy rate in relieving pain and inflammation, eliminates risk from surgery and prescription pain killers, has no negative side effects, and restores patients’ lives.
Practitioners report that MLS Laser Therapy effectively treats pain and inflammation associated with the following conditions:
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Sports injuries
- Tendon & ligament injuries
- Back & joint pain
- Muscle sprains & strains
- Post-surgical swelling
- Disc disease
all gain – Financial Benefits
Practices benefit financially by:
- Combating declining reimbursements and generating revenue with a cash-based modality
- Realizing a rapid return on investment
- Accelerating patient recoveries
- Differentiating their practice
- Increasing patient satisfaction and referrals
Accelerated Tissue Repair and Cell Growth
Improved Vascular Activity
Increases Metabolic Activity
Trigger Points and Acupuncture Points
Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation
Improved Nerve Function
Faster Wound Healing
Primary Biological Effects
Direct transfer of energy to the biological sublayers (endogenous or exogenic chromophores).
- Enzymatic activation
- Increase in ATP production
- Modulation of cellular metabolism
- Effect on pain perception threshold
Photothermic interaction is based on the conversion of option radiation into thermal energy which, at a microscopic level, occurs through the inelastic encounter between excited molecules following the absorption of photons.
- Increase in circulation
- Increased supply of oxygen and nutrients
The absorption of energy involves the formation of mechanical waves.
- Production of an extracellular matrix (important in tissue repair & regeneration)
- Acceleration of lymphatic peristalsis
- Re-absorption of edemas
- Reactivation of microcirculation
Secondary Biological Effects
- Increase in ATP synthesis
- Increase in the production of RNA
- Increase in cellular proliferation
- Induction of differentiation processes
- Release of growth factors (fibroblasts) and other substances
- Increase in the production of molecules of the extracellular matrix (fibroblasts & condrocytes)
- Modulation of the inflammatory processes
- Remodeling of the extracellular matrix
- Induction of lymphatic and vascular regeneration
- Stimulation of the endothelial function
- Reduction of the edema re-absorption times
- Prevention against the formation of scar tissue and hyperkeratosic lesions
- Blocking of pain stimulus conduction
- Hyperemia and “wash out” of the algogenic substances
- Increase in endorphin synthesis
- Pain threshold modulation
Anti-inflammatory and anti-edema effect:
- Increase in the caliber and modulation of lymphatic and capillary vessel permeability
- Hyperemia and “wash out” of the pro-inflammatory molecules
- Increase in the supply of nutrients, oxygen and growth factors
- Cellular function activation
- Modulation of cell proliferation and differentiation (e.g., nerve regeneration)
- Increase of matrix protein synthesis
- Reduction of scar tissue formation
Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) Class 3B
These lasers use very low power, are limited to surface biostimulation, and often require many treatment sessions and long treatment times. Results are only achieved at the end of the treatment cycle, and results are limited because of the use of only one or two wavelengths that are not synchronized.
High Power (HP) Class IV
These lasers were developed with the expectation that greater power corresponded to better efficiency. On the contrary, unless suitably controlled, high power can thermally damage the treated tissue. Therefore, the majority of high power lasers cannot operate at their maximum power without causing damage.
Multiwave Locked System (MLS) Class IV
MLS Laser Therapy is a patented emission system created to achieve an efficient and simultaneous effect on pain, contracture, inflammation, and edema within a short period of time. The patented control system that generates the MLS pulse synchronizes the emissions to achieve optimum results. Due to this characteristic synchronization, the various therapeutic effects not only take place at the same time, but reciprocally reinforce each other, without the risk of thermal damage.
The patented MLS pulse was developed as a result of nearly three decades of scientific research that studied the biological and therapeutic effects of different emission components and methods.
The departments of biology at both the University of Turin (Italy) and the University of Padova (Brazil), as well as the Department of Anatomy and the Othopedic Clinic at the University of Padova have studied and verified the remarkable effectiveness of MLS Laser Therapy.
‘Mphi Family’ Diode Lasers – Mphi, Mphi5, Mphi Orange
Cleared via Section 510(k) on November 9, 2011, Number K111901
Conclusion: “The ASA ‘Mphi Family’ Diode Laser is a safe and effective device for the indications specified.”
Indications for Use: “The ASA ‘Mphi Family’ Diode Laser is intended to provide topical heating for the purpose of elevating tissue temperature for the temporary relief of muscle and joint pain and stiffness, arthritis pain, or muscle spasm, the temporary increase in local blood circulation and/or promoting relaxation of muscle.”
‘MLS Family’ Diode Lasers – MLS Mix5, MLS M1, MLS M6
Cleared via Section 510(k) on August 26, 2005, Number K051922
Conclusion: “The ‘MLSFamily’ Diode Laser is a safe and effective device for the indications specified.”
Indications for Use: “The ‘MLS Family’ Diode Laser is intended to provide topical heating for the purpose of elevating tissue temperature for the temporary relief of muscle and joint pain and stiffness, arthritis pain, or muscle spasm, the temporary increase in local blood circulation and/or promoting relaxation of muscle.”
MLS Laser Therapy is patented.
United States Patent, No. US 8,251,982 B2
Date of Patent: August 28, 2012
“Apparatuses and methods for applying laser energy for therapeutic purposes (e.g., relief of pain and/or inflammation in tissues) are disclosed. The synchronization of two spatially overlapping energy forms having closely positioned emission axes and particular emission modalities can in many cases provide strengthened or even synergistic effects in the alleviation or treatment of multiple of acute and/or chronic conditions (e.g., pain and inflammation) afflicting a given tissue. The laser energy forms are characterized in terms of their power levels, activation times, activation periods, pulse durations, pulse periods, wavelengths, and other identified characteristics.
What are the most common indications for therapy?
What wavelengths are used in the MLS Laser Therapy?
Why are two wavelengths used?
Is MLS Laser Therapy approved by the FDA?
What is the advantage of MLS Laser Therapy over traditional low-level lasers?
What is MLS?
Are Cutting Edge MLS Laser Therapy Lasers Class IV?
What is the depth of penetration of the MLS laser?
How many treatments are usually needed to get results?
Faster Wound How was MLS Laser Therapy developed and tested?
Why Choose Westwood Clinic for Chiropractic Care
Relief from Back and Neck Pain
We provide Los Angeles, CA patients with cutting-edge technology to help relieve deep-rooted neck and back pain. The multiple methods available at our disposal allow us to pick the proper treatment that will be most effective.
Supports Health Recovery
We don’t use drugs to mask a patient’s pain. Our physiotherapy methods are safe and non-invasive. They use a proactive approach to identify the cause of the pain, eliminating it at the source.
Increased Physical Mobility
Not only do the physiotherapy techniques available in our Los Angeles, CA offices help relieve pain, but they can also loosen stiff muscles. These techniques can improve range of motion and mobility.
Improve Health and Well-Being
Not only do our physiotherapy methods provide long-term pain relief to our Los Angeles, CA patients, but they also help detect new problems. Early detection saves our patients time, money, and pain.